Table of contents
About this book
Including chapters from leading International experts in the field, it covers all key issues from bench to bedside. Topics presented include epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, clinical and diagnostic work-up, the role of endomyocardial biopsy and of non-invasive cardiac imaging, risk stratification, and cardiological and etiology-specific management and follow-up. For each topic, a comprehensive review of the current literature is provided and practical suggestions are offered for short- and long-term management. Lastly, future perspectives and gaps in the current knowledge are also addressed.
The book also covers a key discovery of last the 2 decades, namely the autoimmune origin of myocarditis in a sizable proportion of patients, discussing in detail the role of immunosuppression and immunomodulation, as well as the need for a multidisciplinary approach to the disease.
Mainly intended for cardiologists, general physicians, clinical immunologists and rheumatologists, it is also a valuable tool for residents in Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Myocarditis
- Book Subtitle Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Treatment
Alida L. P. Caforio
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35276-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-35275-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-35278-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-35276-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 353
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 46 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“The quality of this book is excellent. It is a valuable resource for cardiologists, clinical physicians, scientists, fellows, and residents involved in the care of cardiac patients.” (Tarun Bhandari, Doody's Book Reviews, June 5, 2020)