About this book
This book addresses several burning issues concerning diseases involving the lungs and respiratory tract.It discusses the epidemiology, mechanisms, prevention, and diagnosis of chest conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, sleep apnea and respiratory infections. Further, it examines the intertwined connection between oxidative stress, cardiovascular disorders such as hypertension, and the occurrence and course of obstructive sleep apnea. It also provides pulmonologists with valuable information on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with severe airway obstruction or respiratory tract infections. Other topics covered include viral infections of the airways, such as influenza, particularly in high-risk groups like pediatric populations, as well as psychosocial aspects, e.g., quality of life in lung cancer patients. Combining basic science and clinical practice, the articles provide key insights and highlight the areas of still limited understanding of disease processes.
Stimulating new directions in clinical practice, this collection of articles is intended for respiratory physicians, clinical experts, family practitioners, and all allied healthcare professionals.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-34651-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-34650-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-34651-5
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site