About this book
Modern cryptosystems, used in numerous applications that require secrecy or privacy - electronic mail, financial transactions, medical-record keeping, government affairs, social media etc. - are based on sophisticated mathematics and algorithms that in implementation involve much computer arithmetic. And for speed it is necessary that the arithmetic be realized at the hardware (chip) level. This book is an introduction to the implementation of cryptosystems at that level.
The aforementioned arithmetic is mostly the arithmetic of finite fields, and the book is essentially one on the arithmetic of prime fields and binary fields in the context of cryptography. The book has three main parts. The first part is on generic algorithms and hardware architectures for the basic arithmetic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The second part is on the arithmetic of prime fields. And the third part is on the arithmetic of binary fields. The mathematical fundamentals necessary for the latter two parts are included, as are descriptions of various types of cryptosystems, to provide appropriate context.
This book is intended for advanced-level students in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Practitioners too will find it useful, as will those with a general interest in "hard" applications of mathematics.
cryptosystems cryptography computer arithmetic modular arithmetic finite fields elliptic curves computer architecture inversion decryption hardware architecture hardware implementation algorithms security normal basis polynomial basis prime fields binary fields
- Book Title Cryptography Arithmetic
- Book Subtitle Algorithms and Hardware Architectures
- Series Title Advances in Information Security
- Series Abbreviated Title Adv.Information Security
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-34142-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-34141-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-34144-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-34142-8
- Series ISSN 1568-2633
- Series E-ISSN 2512-2193
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 336
- Number of Illustrations 73 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Data Structures and Information Theory
Circuits and Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site