About this book
This graduate-level primer presents a tutorial introduction to and overview of N = 2 supergravity theories - with 8 real supercharges and in 4, 5 and 6 dimensions.
First, the construction of such theories by superconformal methods is explained in detail, and relevant special geometries are obtained and characterized.
Following, the relation between the supergravity theories in the various dimensions is discussed. This leads eventually to the concept of very special geometry and quaternionic-Kähler manifolds.
This concise text is a valuable resource for graduate students and young researchers wishing to enter the field quickly and efficiently.
- Book Title N = 2 Supergravity in D = 4, 5, 6 Dimensions
- Series Title Lecture Notes in Physics
- Series Abbreviated Title Lect Notes Phys
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33757-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-33755-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-33757-5
- Series ISSN 0075-8450
- Series E-ISSN 1616-6361
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 256
- Number of Illustrations 126 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Quantum Field Theories, String Theory
Elementary Particles, Quantum Field Theory
Classical and Quantum Gravitation, Relativity Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site