About this book
This graduate-level primer presents a tutorial introduction to and overview of N = 2 supergravity theories - with 8 real supercharges and in 4, 5 and 6 dimensions.
First, the construction of such theories by superconformal methods is explained in detail, and relevant special geometries are obtained and characterized.
Following, the relation between the supergravity theories in the various dimensions is discussed. This leads eventually to the concept of very special geometry and quaternionic-Kähler manifolds.
This concise text is a valuable resource for graduate students and young researchers wishing to enter the field quickly and efficiently.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33757-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-33755-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-33757-5
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Series Online ISSN 1616-6361
- Buy this book on publisher's site