Table of contents
About this book
This contributed volume offers a much-needed overview of the statistical methods in early clinical drug and biomarker development. Chapters are written by expert statisticians with extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory agencies. Because of this, the data presented is often accompanied by real world case studies, which will help make examples more tangible for readers. The many applications of statistics in drug development are covered in detail, making this volume a must-have reference.
Biomarker development and early clinical development are the two critical areas on which the book focuses. By having the two sections of the book dedicated to each of these topics, readers will have a more complete understanding of how applying statistical methods to early drug development can help identify the right drug for the right patient at the right dose. Also presented are exciting applications of machine learning and statistical modeling, along with innovative methods and state-of-the-art advances, making this a timely and practical resource.
This volume is ideal for statisticians, researchers, and professionals interested in pharmaceutical research and development. Readers should be familiar with the fundamentals of statistics and clinical trials.
Biomarkers Biomarker testing Biomarker Development Biomarker data Biomarker book Early clinical development Predictive biomarker Drug development statistics Biostatistics Personalized Medicine Precision Medicine Translational Medicine Clinical Trials Pharmaceutical Development Machine learning medicine Clinical pharmacology Clinical pharmacology in drug development Pharmacodynamics
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Statistical Methods in Biomarker and Early Clinical Development
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-31503-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-31502-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-31505-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-31503-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 348
- Number of Illustrations 23 b/w illustrations, 31 illustrations in colour
Statistics for Life Sciences, Medicine, Health Sciences
Physiological, Cellular and Medical Topics
- Buy this book on publisher's site