About this book
This unique, socially conscience reference provides valuable guidance to international medical graduates (IMG’s) looking to complete a residency in the United States. The medical residency application process in the United States is competitive and complex. Additionally, many IMG’s go through training programs that sharply differ from the medical school training and the sociocultural elements of United States medicine and residency are unlike any other country.
Organized into three parts, this book meets the need for a pragmatic, evidence based guide that answers important questions, and imparts indispensable advice to IMGs. Part I directly tackles the concerns IMG’s have regarding specific elements of residency applications, including the importance of a master’s degree and how to get a strong letter of recommendation. Part II then addresses how to prepare for interviews, preliminary programs and travel. Finally, the book answers the common “what ifs” and “what’s next” questions many IMG’s ponder.
International Medical Graduate and the United States Medical Residency Application: A Guide to Achieving Success is a first-of-its-kind resource that presents a holistic view of residency application peppered with real life examples, easy to grasp tables and flow charts and key do’s and don’ts to drive home the complex process involved in residency application.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title International Medical Graduate and the United States Medical Residency Application
- Book Subtitle A Guide to Achieving Success
Sachin M. Bhagavan
Swathi Beladakere Ramaswamy
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-31045-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-31044-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-31047-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-31045-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 205
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 29 illustrations in colour
Medicine/Public Health, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site