Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses recent findings and advanced theories presented at two workshops at TU Berlin in 2017 and 2018. It underlines several advantages of generalized continuum models compared to the classical Cauchy continuum, which although widely used in engineering practice, has a number of limitations, such as:• The structural size is very small.
• The microstructure is complex.
• The effects are localized.
As such, the development of generalized continuum models is helpful and results in a better description of the behavior of structures or materials. At the same time, there are more and more experimental studies supporting the new models because the number of material parameters is higher.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-30406-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-30405-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-30406-5
- Series Print ISSN 1869-8433
- Series Online ISSN 1869-8441
- Buy this book on publisher's site