About this book
This holistic book is an invaluable reference for addressing various practical challenges in architecting and engineering Intelligent IoT and eHealth solutions for industry practitioners, academic and researchers, as well as for engineers involved in product development. The first part provides a comprehensive guide to fundamentals, applications, challenges, technical and economic benefits, and promises of the Internet of Things using examples of real-world applications. It also addresses all important aspects of designing and engineering cutting-edge IoT solutions using a cross-layer approach from device to fog, and cloud covering standards, protocols, design principles, reference architectures, as well as all the underlying technologies, pillars, and components such as embedded systems, network, cloud computing, data storage, data processing, big data analytics, machine learning, distributed ledger technologies, and security. In addition, it discusses the effects of Intelligent IoT, which are reflected in new business models and digital transformation. The second part provides an insightful guide to the design and deployment of IoT solutions for smart healthcare as one of the most important applications of IoT. Therefore, the second part targets smart healthcare-wearable sensors, body area sensors, advanced pervasive healthcare systems, and big data analytics that are aimed at providing connected health interventions to individuals for healthier lifestyles.
- Presents an efficient method to understand the most appropriate positioning of a business against its competitors by digitally transforming into an agile and profitable business based on AI-driven IoT solutions;
- Breaks down the IoT ecosystem into smaller components, from device, to connectivity and to cloud. We will explain the intersection of these components and discuss how to decide on the right mix of technology given the constraints of each application;
- Tailored to bridge the gap between IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Distributed Ledger Technologies, Cyber-physical Systems, and Security. This book will show readers how organizations can exploit, design, and utilize scalable intelligent IoT solutions to improve the levels of security, success of the services, ROI, revenue, and customer engagement;
- Discusses real case studies (e.g., from IBM Watson and Robert Bosch) and practical applications, highlighting the importance of intelligent IoT in several vertical & horizontal markets;
- Addresses all these important aspects of novel IoT technologies for smart healthcare - wearable sensors, body area sensors, advanced pervasive healthcare systems, collaborative machine learning, and Big Data analytics.