About this book
This book provides an insight into how a country contributes to the GHG emissions reductions required to keep global warming within the limits set by the Paris Agreement arrived at COP21 in 2015. It shows what actions are needed for the implementation plan that Fiji will use to satisfy its quota (i.e. its Nationally Determined Contribution or NDC) of the total GHG emissions reductions.
It is a primary resource material for those who wish to obtain an understanding of the science behind climate change mitigation. It reveals the behind-the-scenes action that takes place to convert the rhetoric of climate change into the action on the ground that actually reduces the GHG emissions and global warming. The book also presents a critique of methods adopted by nations in meeting their NDCs to emissions reductions as agreed at the Paris Agreement, and suggests improvements.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-30211-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-30210-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-30211-5
- Series Print ISSN 1574-0919
- Series Online ISSN 2215-1621
- Buy this book on publisher's site