Table of contents
Pay-as-you-go Versus Funded Pension Plans: Which Way to Better Address Common Challenges in the EU?
The Capital Markets Union (CMU) and the Future of Pension Plans: Opportunities, Risks and Drawbacks
Pension Plans and the European Pillar of Social Rights: A New Scope for the EU Social Policy?
About this book
This edited volume takes a closer look at various European pension-plan models and the recent challenges, trends and predictions related to the design of such schemes.
The contributors analyse new ideas, both from national governments and European institutions, and consider current debates on topics such as the Capital Markets Union (CMU) and the so-called ‘European Pillar of Social Rights’ – calling for a new approach to social policy at the European level in response to common challenges, such as ageing and the digital revolution.
This interdisciplinary work embraces economic, financial and legal perspectives, while focusing on previously selected coherence aspects in order to ensure that the analyses are comprehensive and globally consistent.
Funded pension schemes Pay-as-you-go pension schemes Capital markets in the European Union Social security systems Social rights in the European Union Social welfare European pillar of social rights
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-29497-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-29496-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-29497-7
- Series Print ISSN 0921-8580
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1889
- Buy this book on publisher's site