Table of contents
About this book
This book revisits the traditional general approach to sport policy by adopting an entrepreneurial perspective. The respective chapters, all written by recognized experts, link a fragmented collection of treatises on entrepreneurship, public policy and sport entrepreneurship to develop a coherent, unified perspective on policy-making. The book’s central argument is that, while in the past, sport policy focused more on governance and political elements, these aspects can also be embedded into a ‘policy entrepreneurship’ perspective.
To date, most sport policy research has also tended to pursue an organizational behavior or political science approach. Breaking with that trend, the book incorporates the nascent sport entrepreneurship literature into this approach. The new strategies proposed here offer valuable resources for public policy planners and sports managers alike, two groups who need to work together to build better policy initiatives.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-29458-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-29457-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-29458-8
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1941
- Series Online ISSN 2197-716X
- Buy this book on publisher's site