Table of contents
About this book
This fourth edition of the book provides readers with a detailed explanation of PLM, enabling them to gain a full understanding and the know-how to implement PLM within their own business environment. This new and expanded edition has been fully updated to reflect the numerous technological and management advances made in PLM since the release of the third edition in 2014, including chapters on both the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0.
The book describes the environment in which products are ideated, developed, manufactured, supported and retired before addressing the main components of PLM and PLM Initiatives. These include product-related business processes, product data, product data management (PDM) systems, other PLM applications, best practices, company objectives and organisation. Key activities in PLM Initiatives include Organisational Change Management (OCM) and Project Management. Lastly, it addresses the PLM Initiative, showing the typical steps and activities of a PLM project or initiative.
Enhancing readers’ understanding of PLM, the book enables them to develop the skills needed to implement PLM successfully and achieve world-class product performance across the lifecycle.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-28864-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-28863-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-28864-8
- Series Print ISSN 1619-5736
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6589
- Buy this book on publisher's site