About this book
This book describes several approaches to adaptability that are applied for the optimization of parallel applications, such as thread-level parallelism exploitation and dynamic voltage and frequency scaling on multicore systems.
This book explains how software developers can apply a novel technique to adapt the number of threads at runtime without any modification in the source code nor recompilation.
This book is useful for software developers in general since it offers realistic examples throughout to demonstrate various techniques presented.
Parallel Computing Thread-level exploitation Dynamic voltage energy efficiency multicore systems
- Book Title Parallel Computing Hits the Power Wall
- Book Subtitle Principles, Challenges, and a Survey of Solutions
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-28719-1
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-28718-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-28719-1
- Series ISSN 2191-5768
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5776
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 88
- Number of Illustrations 18 b/w illustrations, 14 illustrations in colour
Computer Systems Organization and Communication Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site