About this book
This book comprehensively covers the latest consensus in the diagnosis and management of patients with recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs). It features a broad overview of the basic science and the spread of antibiotic resistance in UTIs. Guidelines are provided on the recommended approaches for using antibiotics including dosage, duration, resistance rates for a range of antibiotics, and available methods for combating antibiotic resistance. Further topics covered include prophylaxis, including conservative lifestyle modifications as well as preventative therapies.
Female Urinary Tract Infections in Clinical Practice summarises the basic science, use of antibiotics, and preventative strategies for UTIs and represents a timely and valuable resource for all practising and trainee medical professionals who encounter these patients in their practice.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-27909-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-27908-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-27909-7
- Series Print ISSN 2199-6652
- Series Online ISSN 2199-6660
- Buy this book on publisher's site