Table of contents
About this book
This book examines some of the driving forces of change in the Middle East and aims to provide a regional outlook. The political and social events of the past years have significantly affected the regional structure across the Middle East, evident in socio-economic systems, security framework and the balance of power across the area. Each chapter focuses on one of the driving forces of change, including the Iran Nuclear Deal, the role of external powers, energy and its political and economic role in the region, the regional balance of power struggle amongst the key regional players and the socio-economic challenges across the region.
Sara Bazoobandi is Managing Director of Middle East Risk Consulting, Germany, and Non-Resident Fellow at Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington, USA.
Rentierism Middle East Gulf Cooperation Council international relations oil resources energy energy dependence China
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-27885-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-27884-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-27885-4
- Series Print ISSN 2662-2483
- Series Online ISSN 2662-2491
- Buy this book on publisher's site