About this book
Patient adherence to a given treatment plan directly correlates to the quality of disease outcome. In looking at the how and why behind patient adherence and non-adherence to a treatment regimen, understanding realistic expectations of a patient can provide a beneficial guide towards providing optimal healthcare.
Treatment Adherence in Dermatology offers insight and strategies for understanding and promoting treatment adherence with a focus on dermatological conditions, specifically psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and acne. Reasons for non-adherence are investigated particularly in populations such as children and patients with multiple co-morbidities. The proposed text provides patient and physician-centered strategies alongside technological advancements to promote adherence. Written for the practicing dermatologist, this title will find audience with primary care physicians, students, residents, and other practicing doctors alike.
dermatology adherence behavioral techniques co-morbidities psoriasis atopic dermatitis acne
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-27809-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-27808-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-27809-0
- Series Print ISSN 2523-8884
- Series Online ISSN 2523-8892
- Buy this book on publisher's site