Table of contents
About this book
This book presents a new and original method for the solution of boundary value problems in angles for second-order elliptic equations with constant coefficients and arbitrary boundary operators. This method turns out to be applicable to many different areas of mathematical physics, in particular to diffraction problems in angles and to the study of trapped modes on a sloping beach.
Giving the reader the opportunity to master the techniques of the modern theory of diffraction, the book introduces methods of distributions, complex Fourier transforms, pseudo-differential operators, Riemann surfaces, automorphic functions, and the Riemann–Hilbert problem.
The book will be useful for students, postgraduates and specialists interested in the application of modern mathematics to wave propagation and diffraction problems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-26699-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-26698-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-26699-8
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- Buy this book on publisher's site