Table of contents
About this book
This book is open access under a CC BY NC ND 4.0 license.
This book belongs to the Maritime Business and Economic History strand of the Palgrave Studies in Maritime Economics book series.
This volume highlights the contribution of the shipping industry to the transformations in business and society of the postwar era. Shipping was both an example and an engine of globalization and structural change. In turn, the industry experienced and pioneered, mirrored and enabled key developments that led to the present-day globalized economy. Contributions address issues such as the macro-level shift of shipping’s centre of gravity from Europe to Asia, the political and legal frameworks within which it developed, the strategies and performance of both successful and unsuccessful firms, and the links between the shipping industry and the wider economy and society. Without shipping and its ability to forge connections and networks of a global reach, the modern world would look very different.
By bringing together scholars from various disciplinary and national backgrounds, this book advances our understanding of the linkages that bind economies and societies together.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-26002-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- License CC BY-NC-ND
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-26001-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-26002-6
- Series Print ISSN 2662-6551
- Series Online ISSN 2662-656X
- Buy this book on publisher's site