About this book
This book explores how traditional Sunni Muslim conceptions have informed or shaped Islamization strategies in contemporary Turkey. In particular, the author proposes to examine the teaching curriculum of the Ministry of Education, which oversees Turkish public religious education; the activities and teachings of Diyanet, the constitutional organ responsible for managing all religious affairs; and the ideas and activities of three Muslim religious groups currently operating in Turkey. The monograph explains how the interpretation and practice of Islam affects various situations in the Muslim world and analyzes the concept of nature in Islam, which has been an indivisible component of Islamic tradition since the beginning.
Gokhan Bacik is Professor of Political Science in the Department of Politics and European Studies at Palacky University, Czech Republic.
Turkish Islam Islamic idea of nature Islamic causality religion and modernity Islamic movements reform Turkey
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-25901-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-25900-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-25901-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site