Table of contents
About this book
This book gathers multidisciplinary articles that present advances of our understanding of diseases and the effective treatment of patients.
The authors share recent clinical and experimental research findings, highlighting poorly understood areas with uncertain treatment outcomes, such as giant-cell bone tumors and their propensity to metastasize to the lungs; subterranean rehabilitation in pulmonary disorders; male reproductive hormone regulation during physical exercise in hyperbaric, hyperoxic environments, like underwater diving; and amelioration of cognitive decline owing to increased cerebral blood transit time after internal carotid artery stenting. Other topics include new concepts and innovations in the treatment of diabetes in pregnancy, and leg ulcers in chronic venous insufficiency, as well as molecular research on the toxic effects of oxidative stress, impaired cell autophagy, and experimental conditions resembling air pollution.
Featuring the latest interdisciplinary advances in biomedicine, this book is a valuable resource for medical professionals, both academics and practitioners, and all allied health-care workers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-25373-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-25372-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-25373-8
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site