Table of contents
About this book
The field of cornea has seen tremendous advances over the last 40 years—this uniquely comprehensive book will discuss the history of these advances, current best practices in important diseases of the cornea and ocular surface, and examine future directions in diagnosis and management. Written by leading experts, many of whom trained under Claes Henrik Dohlman, MD, PhD, whose influence and many invaluable contributions have defined and shaped the field of cornea, each chapter will reflect the state of the art in the various aspects of cornea.
Foundations of Corneal Disease: Past, Present, and Future contains six different sections, opening with an introduction which delves into the evolution of subspecialty training in cornea, provides a historical perspective of our understanding of ocular surface disease. Section Two addresses perspectives on important corneal and external diseases including infectious keratitis, dry eye, and herpes simplex. Section Three and Section Four address surgery and surgical alternatives, and frontiers in corneal research. Section Six closes this book with a discussion of special topics: imaging the cornea, corneal blindness, eye banking, and clinical trials in dry eye, and explores future directions in this fast-paced field.
Foundations of Corneal Disease: Past, Present, and Future contains is an ideal guide for corneal specialists, ophthalmology residents and fellows planning to enter cornea, corneal scientists, and to those in ophthalmology and visual science interested in a comprehensive resource on cornea and the history of this field.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Foundations of Corneal Disease
- Book Subtitle Past, Present and Future
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-25335-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-25334-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-25335-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 400
- Number of Illustrations 14 b/w illustrations, 118 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site