About this book
This book examines the changing dynamics of stabilisation efforts in the Middle East and North Africa. Written by recognised scholars and practitioners in the field, this volume provides a rich overview of the broader spectrum of stabilisation. The topics range from a comprehensive set of lessons learned in Afghanistan and Iraq to transitional justice and reconciliation efforts in Tunisia and international attempts to protect the region’s cultural heritage. Ultimately, this edited collection presents a comprehensive look at the attempts to increase stability in the MENA region.
Victor Gervais is Senior Research Fellow at the Emirates Diplomatic Academy (EDA) in Abu Dhabi, UAE, where he leads the MENA Peace and Security programme.
Saskia van Genugten is Strategy and Policy Advisor at the Dutch Ministry of Defence, the Netherlands, and author of Libya in Western Foreign Policies 1911-2011.
Middle East and North Africa Turkey Middle East MENA Contemporary Middle East and North Africa Gulf Arab States Egypt
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-25229-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-25228-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-25229-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site