About this book
In 1967 Walter K. Hayman published ‘Research Problems in Function Theory’, a list of 141 problems in seven areas of function theory. In the decades following, this list was extended to include two additional areas of complex analysis, updates on progress in solving existing problems, and over 520 research problems from mathematicians worldwide. It became known as ‘Hayman's List’.
This Fiftieth Anniversary Edition contains the complete ‘Hayman's List’ for the first time in book form, along with 31 new problems by leading international mathematicians. This list has directed complex analysis research for the last half-century, and the new edition will help guide future research in the subject. The book contains up-to-date information on each problem, gathered from the international mathematics community, and where possible suggests directions for further investigation.
Aimed at both early career and established researchers, this book provides the key problems and results needed to progress in the most important research questions in complex analysis, and documents the developments of the past 50 years.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-25165-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-25164-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-25165-9
- Series Print ISSN 0941-3502
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8506
- Buy this book on publisher's site