Table of contents
About this book
This is the first book on the genome of Salvia miltiorrhiza, summarizing the research advances in the molecular mapping, whole genome sequencing, chloroplast and mitochondria genomes, epigenetics, transcriptomics and functional genomics of this emerging model plant with great economic and medicinal value. It also describes its distribution, taxonomy and morphology and provides useful information on its cultivation and breeding. Further, it highlights the biosynthetic pathways of tanshinones and phenolic acids – two main classes of bioactive components produced in this plant species – and reviews and discusses the technology of hairy root induction, tissue culture and genetic transformation of S. miltiorrhiza.
The book is a valuable resource for students, teachers and researchers in academia and industry interested in medicinal plants and pharmacy.
molecular breeding Salvia miltiorrhiza red sage danshen Traditional Chinese Medicine TCM herbal medicine Tanshinone Phenolic Acid Plant Epigenetics Plant Transcriptomics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24716-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24715-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24716-4
- Series Print ISSN 2199-4781
- Series Online ISSN 2199-479X
- Buy this book on publisher's site