About this book
This book introduces readers to the latest advances in G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) biology. It reviews our current understanding of the structural basis of ligand binding and allosteric mechanisms, following a decade of technological breakthroughs. Several examples of structure-based drug discovery are presented, together with the future challenges involved in designing better drugs that target GPCRs. In turn, the book illustrates the important concept of GPCR biased signaling in physiological contexts, and presents fluorescent- and light-based methodologies frequently used to measure GPCR signaling or to trace their dynamics in cells upon ligand activation.
Taken together, the chapters provide an essential overview and toolkit for new scientific investigators who plan to develop GPCR projects. All chapters were written by experts in their respective fields, and share valuable insights and powerful methodologies for the GPCR field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24591-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24589-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24591-7
- Series Print ISSN 1862-2461
- Series Online ISSN 1862-247X
- Buy this book on publisher's site