Table of contents
About this book
This textbook introduces readers to the scientific basics of cardiovascular medicine and biology. It covers not only developmental but also cellular and molecular aspects of normally functioning vasculature and the heart; importantly, it also addresses the mechanisms leading to and involved in specific cardiovascular diseases. Though the main emphasis is on novel therapies and potential therapeutic targets, specific controversial topics like cardiac remodeling and regenerative capacities are also addressed.
All chapters were written by lecturers from the Imperial College London, in collaboration with their students from the College’s BSc Programme in Medical Sciences with Cardiovascular Science. Bridging the gap between clinics and basic biology, the book offers a valuable guide for medical students, and for Master and PhD students in Cardiovascular Biomedicine.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24219-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24218-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24219-0
- Series Print ISSN 2509-6125
- Series Online ISSN 2509-6133
- Buy this book on publisher's site