Table of contents
About this book
The book is divided into five main sections. The first examines the basic aspects of bacterial infections with a discussion of molecular biology, the microbiome, various types of bacteria that cause infection, and recent advances in biologic therapy. The next section focuses on different forms of viral arthritis including hepatitis arthritis, arthritis associated with alpha viruses, and parvovirus-related arthritis. Subsequent chapters then discuss arthritis caused by mycobacteria, fungi, spirochete, and other miscellaneous arthritides. Following this are various analyzations on reactive arthritis and infection-related rheumatic diseases such as Whipple’s Disease, SAPHO Syndrome, rheumatic fever, and HIV-associated rheumatic manifestations. Finally, the book closes with three chapters on external impacts on infectious diseases such as climate change, vaccinations and systemic lupus erythematosus.
Infections and the Rheumatic Diseases is an essential resource for physicians and related professionals, residents, fellows, graduate students, and nurses in rheumatology, clinical immunology, and internal medicine.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-23311-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-23310-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-23311-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site