About this book
This book explains the importance of globalization and the Belt and Road Initiative, which is one of the essential projects of President Xi Jinping, and where China fits on the global arena. Additionally, the contributors cover such important topics as China’s maritime traffic, infrastructure along the modern Silk Road, the South China Sea, and China’s relationship with Indonesia, Malaysia, East Timor, Hong Kong, and Macao. This edited volume will interest scholars, researchers, and students in the fields of Asian studies, globalization, political science, and Chinese politics.
Jean A. Berlie is Researcher at The Education University of Hong Kong, China.
Chinese politics Silk road one road one belt Asian politics China globalization President Xi Jinping maritime traffic South China sea
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22289-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-22288-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-22289-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site