Table of contents
About this book
This volume is the first book to map a broad range of practices and critically examine the impact of education and outreach programmes in theatres and theatre companies around the globe.
This innovative volume looks specifically at the manner in which theatres and theatre companies engage in educational, outreach and community work. An array of global case studies examines a wide range of existing and innovative practices, and scrutinises how this work achieves successful results and delivers impact and outcome on investment.The editors set the scene briefly in terms of the history of education in theatre organisations, and then move on to chart some of the difficulties and challenges associated with this work, as well as looking into the conceptual issues that need to be interrogated so that we may understand the impact of outreach and education work on the communities and audiences it aims to reach. A range of theatre practitioners and academics describe their work, its background, and what the authors understand to be successful outcomes for both the participants and the theatres. Finally, the book offers suggestions for both practitioners and researchers regarding further development in this work.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22223-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-22221-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-22223-9
- Series Print ISSN 1573-4528
- Series Online ISSN 2214-0069
- Buy this book on publisher's site