About this book
This textbook introduces marine biotechnology by collecting the key knowledge on genetics, fish breeding, genetic diversity, seaweed production and microalgae biotechnology, and explores marine biomaterials and how they can benefit human health. Covering the latest applications of marine biotechnology in natural product development, genomics, transgenic technology, cosmeceuticals, nutraceuticals, and pharmaceutical development, it particularly focuses on future biological resources, developing functional materials from marine life, production of marine bioenergy and marine microbial resources and biotechnology.
The author explains the structure of the book in an introductory note, and each chapter offers a detailed overview and conclusion to help readers better grasp the acquired knowledge. Lastly, the final part provides a comprehensive glossary with brief explanations of the key concepts in marine biotechnology.
Written by a leading expert in the field with more than 30 years of teaching experience, this book broadens students’ understanding of the basics and recent developments in marine biotechnology.
- Book Title Essentials of Marine Biotechnology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-20944-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-20943-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-20946-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-20944-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXII, 477
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Genetics and Genomics
Freshwater & Marine Ecology
- Buy this book on publisher's site