Table of contents
About this book
This book presents the latest information on the genetics and genomics of the globe artichoke. It focuses on the latest findings, tools and strategies employed in genome sequencing, physical map development and QTL analyses, as well as genomic resources. The re-sequencing of four globe artichoke genotypes, representative of the core varietal types in cultivation, as well as the genotype of cultivated cardoon, has recently been completed. Here, the five genomes are reconstructed at the chromosome scale and annotated. Moreover, functional SNP analyses highlight numerous genetic variants, which represent key tools for dissecting the path from sequence variation to phenotype, as well as for designing effective diagnostic markers.
The wealth of information provided here offers a valuable asset for scientists, plant breeders and students alike.
Cynara cardunculus Cardoon genome re-sequencing genome-wide association study GWAS biomass energy production biomethane Compositae Genome Project
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-20012-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-20011-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-20012-1
- Series Print ISSN 2199-4781
- Series Online ISSN 2199-479X
- Buy this book on publisher's site