Table of contents
About this book
The second edition of this book brings together the knowledge, skills and attitudes of specialists in both respiratory and palliative medicine to focus on the palliative care of patients with respiratory diseases. It deals not only with end of life care but also with symptom control and supportive care to improve the quality of life of those living their lives with advanced progressive lung disease.
Integrated Palliative Care of Respiratory Disease builds on the previous edition introducing new models of care for patients with advanced lung disease. These models emphasize the introduction of palliative and supportive care at an earlier stage in the disease, and running disease-modifying and palliative treatments in parallel. There is a new chapter on the role of palliative care in lung transplantation’. The book highlights significant new research into key respiratory diseases and some on-going controversies about issues such as best models of care for different diseases and advance care planning.
This book is an invaluable reference for doctors, trainees and clinical nurse specialists in respiratory and palliative medicine, and is of interest to anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the complex nature of palliative care in respiratory disease.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Integrated Palliative Care of Respiratory Disease
Stephen J. Bourke
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18944-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-18943-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-18946-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-18944-0
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages X, 264
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 10 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Previously published by Springer
- Buy this book on publisher's site