Table of contents
About this book
This monograph presents a new analytical approach to the design of proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controllers for linear time-invariant plants. The authors develop a computer-aided procedure, to synthesize PID controllers that satisfy multiple design specifications. A geometric approach, which can be used to determine such designs methodically using 2- and 3-D computer graphics is the result.
The text expands on the computation of the complete stabilizing set previously developed by the authors and presented here. This set is then systematically exploited to achieve multiple design specifications simultaneously. These specifications include classical gain and phase margins, time-delay tolerance, settling time and H-infinity norm bounds. The results are developed for continuous- and discrete-time systems. An extension to multivariable systems is also included.
Analytical Design of PID Controllers provides a novel method of designing PID controllers, which makes it ideal for both researchers and professionals working in traditional industries as well as those connected with unmanned aerial vehicles, driverless cars and autonomous robots.
PID Control Robust Control Gain and Phase Margins H-infinity Design Multi-objective Design Multi-variable PID Design
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18228-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-18227-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-18228-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site