Table of contents
About this book
This book addresses a range of solutions and effective control techniques for Microbial Fuel Cells (MFCs), intended as a response to the increased energy consumption and wastewater production stemming from globalization. It describes the fundamentals of MFCs and control-oriented mathematical models, and provides detailed information on uncertain parameters. Various control techniques like robust control with LMI, adaptive backstepping control, and exact linearization control are developed for different mathematical models.
In turn, the book elaborates on the basics of adaptive control, presenting several methods in detail. It also demonstrates how MFCs can be developed at the laboratory level, equipping readers to develop their own MFCs for experimental purposes. In closing, it develops a transfer function model for MFCs by combining a system identification technique and model reference adaptive control techniques. By addressing one of the most promising sources of clean and renewable energy, this book provides a viable solution for meeting the world’s increasing energy demands.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18068-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-18067-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-18068-3
- Series Print ISSN 1868-4394
- Series Online ISSN 1868-4408
- Buy this book on publisher's site