About this book
"Hydrogenosomes and Mitosomes: Mitochondria of Anaerobic Eukaryotes, 2nd edition" provides a comprehensive summary of the current knowledge on these organelles, which occur in unicellular, often parasitic organisms, including human pathogens. It discusses the discovery of these widely distributed organelles, as well as their evolution and recent advances in the study of their structure and function. The book also describes their properties, such as protein import, structure, metabolism and adaptation, their proteome and their role in drug activation and resistance.
The book will appeal to researchers and students interested in biology and medicine, and to those who are mainly interested in basic science-cell biology, parasitology, microbiology, evolution etc., but also to those interested in organelles as potential targets for chemotherapy.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-17941-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-17940-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-17941-0
- Series Print ISSN 1862-5576
- Series Online ISSN 1862-5584
- Buy this book on publisher's site