About these proceedings
This book introduces selected contributions from the GEGAL (Spanish acronym for Latin American Geoarchaeological Studies Group) Workshop held at La Paloma Beach, Uruguay, with a focus on Coastal Geoarchaeology, and an attendance of more than 50 researchers, students and professionals from several Latin American countries.
The contributions were selected in order to encompass the vast array of environmental, geomorphological and archaeological contexts comprised in the geographical frame of Latin America. Topics covered through the chapters include specific issues such as human occupation and fluvial dynamic processes in mountain and lowland environments, methodological developments in dating methods, taphonomy and chemical proxies, as well as landscape modification by anthropogenic disturbances.As the first compilation of Coastal Geoarchaeology for Latin America, this book is intended to become a useful tool for students, researchers and professionals from related fields, as it comprises not only the regional state of the art, but also new insights and developments which can be potentially applied to other contexts world wide.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-17828-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-17827-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-17828-4
- Series Print ISSN 2366-3421
- Series Online ISSN 2366-343X
- Buy this book on publisher's site