About this book
This book analyzes the political economy of the MENA region with a focus on pre-revolutionary political and economic conditions, the 2011 revolution itself, and post-revolutionary political processes in Tunisia. The author places particular emphasis on the political role of women, Islam, and democracy after the revolution, and argues that post-Revolution Tunisia serves as an ideal model for the MENA region to follow. This volume will interest scholars, students, researchers, and everyone who is interested in the politics of MENA and political economy.
Hayat Alvi is Associate Professor at the US Naval War College, USA.
Tunisia Tunis Jasmine Revolution North Africa Political Economy Middle East
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-17050-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-17049-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-17050-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site