About this book
Brain Storm Optimization (BSO) algorithms are a new kind of swarm intelligence method, which is based on the collective behavior of human beings, i.e., on the brainstorming process. Since the introduction of BSO algorithms in 2011, many studies on them have been conducted. They not only offer an optimization method, but could also be viewed as a framework of optimization techniques. The process employed in the algorithms could be simplified as a framework with two basic operations: the converging operation and the diverging operation. A “good enough” optimum could be obtained through recursive solution divergence and convergence. The resulting optimization algorithm would naturally have the capability of both convergence and divergence.
This book is primarily intended for researchers, engineers, and graduate students with an interest in BSO algorithms and their applications. The chapters cover various aspects of BSO algorithms, and collectively provide broad insights into what these algorithms have to offer. The book is ideally suited as a graduate-level textbook, whereby students may be tasked with the study of the rich variants of BSO algorithms that involves a hands-on implementation to demonstrate the utility and applicability of BSO algorithms in solving optimization problems.
Computational Intelligence Evolutionary Computation Swarm Intelligence Brain Storm Optimization Optimization BSO
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15070-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-15069-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-15070-9
- Series Print ISSN 1867-4534
- Series Online ISSN 1867-4542
- Buy this book on publisher's site