Table of contents
About this book
Manfred B. Steger’s extensive body of work on globalization has made him one of the most influential scholars working in the field of global studies today. His conceptualization of the global imaginary is amongst the most significant developments in thinking about globalization of the last three decades. Revisiting the Global Imaginary pays tribute to Steger’s contribution to our intellectual history with essays on the evolution, ontological foundations and methodological approaches to the study of the global imaginary.
The transdisciplinary framework of this field of enquiry lends itself to investigation in diverse sites. This volume of essays explores practices associated with the reproduction of the global imaginary in such diverse sites as mobile money, Irish pubs, cyber-capitalism, urban space, music in post-apartheid South Africa and global political movements, amongst others.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14911-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-14910-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-14911-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site