Table of contents
About this book
In this book, we propose and systematize the concept of syntactic n-grams, which allows using syntactic information within the automatic text processing methods related to classification or clustering. It is a very interesting example of application of linguistic information in the automatic (computational) methods. Roughly speaking, the suggestion is to follow syntactic trees and construct n-grams based on paths in these trees. There are several types of non-linear n-grams; future work should determine, which types of n-grams are more useful in which natural language processing (NLP) tasks.
This book is intended for specialists in the field of computational linguistics. However, we made an effort to explain in a clear manner how to use n-grams; we provide a large number of examples, and therefore we believe that the book is also useful for graduate students who already have some previous background in the field.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14771-6
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-14770-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-14771-6
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5768
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5776
- Buy this book on publisher's site