Table of contents
About this book
This book explores a new challenge in virology: to understand how physical properties of virus particles (virions) and viruses (infected cells) affect the course of an infection. Insights from the emerging field of physical virology will contribute to understanding of the physical nature of viruses and cells, and will open new ways for anti-viral interference.
Nine chapters and an editorial written by physicists, chemists, biologists and computational experts describe how virions serve as trail blazers in uncharted territory of cells. The authors outline how particles change in composition as they interact with host cells. Such virus dynamics are crucial for virus entry into cells and infection. It influences the modern concepts of virus-host interactions, viral lineages and evolution.The volume gives numerous up-to-date examples of modern virology and provides a fascinating read for researchers, clinicians and students in the field of infectious diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14741-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-14740-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-14741-9
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site