Table of contents
About this book
This book offers essential insights into the challenges and complexities surrounding the medium of instruction (MOI), its impact on all languages and stakeholders in multilingual contexts, educational processes, developments and outcomes.
MOI has been a prominent topic in recent debates on the role of languages in education in multilingual contexts, partly because prioritizing one language over others as the medium of instruction has a profound impact on all languages and stakeholders in multilingual contexts. These include, to name but a few, (language) teachers, teacher educators, students, and policymakers, as well as industries and enterprises built around the needs and expectations of these stakeholders.
This book presents high-quality empirical research on education in multilingual societies. It highlights research findings that, in addition to providing descriptions of language learning, development and use in language contact and multilingual contexts, will help shape future language education policy and practices in multilingual societies.
Medium of Instruction Multilingual Societies Minority Language Education Local Language vs National Language English Language Teachers Tesol Lote Moi
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14386-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-14385-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-14386-2
- Series Print ISSN 2522-5421
- Series Online ISSN 2522-543X
- Buy this book on publisher's site