Table of contents
About this book
This open access book, inspired by the ICME 13 topic study group “Affect, beliefs and identity in mathematics education”, presents the latest trends in research in the area. Following an introduction and a survey chapter providing a concise overview of the state-of-art in the field of mathematics-related affect, the book is divided into three main sections: motivation and values, engagement, and identity in mathematics education. Each section comprises several independent chapters based on original research, as well as a reflective commentary by an expert in the area. Collectively, the chapters present a rich methodological spectrum, from narrative analysis to structural equation modelling. In the final chapter, the editors look ahead to future directions in the area of mathematics-education-related affect.
It is a timely resource for all those interested in the interaction between affect and mathematics education.
Mathematics education Classroom Engagement Values in mathematics education Emotions in mathematics teaching Mathematics related effect Usefulness of mathematics Mathematics motivation patterns Personal meaning related to mathematics Mathematics learning Mathematics teaching Mathematical group work Calculus teacher Teacher's professional identity Open Access
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13761-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-13760-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-13761-8
- Series Print ISSN 2520-8322
- Series Online ISSN 2520-8330
- Buy this book on publisher's site