Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a lively and comprehensive account of the unprecedented Italian general election of 2018 and of its profound significance for Italy and beyond. The contributions in this volume cover the political, economic and international contexts in which the vote took place, and consider the main election contenders in the run-up to the election as well as the campaigns. The book further examines the election outcome, analysing the votes and discussing the impact of the election on the turnover of parliamentary personnel as well as examining the outcome from the viewpoint of government formation.
James L. Newell is a former professor of politics at the University of Salford, UK, and currently a visiting professor at the University of Turin, Italy. He is co-editor of Contemporary Italian Politics and the author of Corruption in Contemporary Politics(2018) and Silvio Berlusconi: A Study in Failure (2018).
Luigi Ceccarini is a researcher for the Laboratory of Political and Social Studies, LaPolis, at the University of Urbino "Carlo Bo", Italy, where he teaches society and politics. He is co-editor of Comunicazione Politica and the author of La cittadinanza online (2015) and Tra politica e società (with I. Diamanti, 2018).
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13617-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-13616-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-13617-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site