About this book
This text provides a concise yet comprehensive review of GI tract complications of HIV infection. Beginning with an overview on the pathophysiology of HIV and its direct effect on the GI tract, the book outlines opportunistic infections, noninfectious etiologies, diagnostic testing, and therapy in relation to specific organs in the GI tract. Organs covered include the esophagus, stomach, gallbladder and biliary tract, liver, pancreas, and small and large intestines.
Written by experts in the field, HIV and GI Tract Complications: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide is a valuable resource for clinicians and researchers interested in HIV/AIDS and associated GI tract complications, that will help guide patient management and stimulate investigative efforts.
esophagus stomach liver pancreas intestines biliary tract
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13377-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-13376-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-13377-1
- Series Print ISSN 2197-7399
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7704
- Buy this book on publisher's site