About this book
This reader-friendly textbook presents a comprehensive overview of the essential aspects of cloud computing, from the origin of the field to the latest developments. Rather than merely discussing the cloud paradigm in isolation, the text also examines how cloud computing can work collaboratively with other computing models to meet the needs of evolving computing trends. This multi-dimensional approach encompasses the challenges of fulfilling the storage requirements of big data, the use of the cloud as a remote server for Internet of Things and sensor networks, and an investigation of how cloud computing is interlinked with edge, fog and mist computing, among other illuminating perspectives.
Topics and features:
- Includes learning objectives, motivating questions, and self-test exercises in every chapter
- Presents an introduction to the underlying concepts, fundamental features, and key technological foundations of cloud computing
- Examines how enterprise networking and cloud networking can work together to achieve business goals
- Reviews the different types of cloud storage available to address the evolution of data and the need for digitization
- Discusses the challenges and approaches to implementing cloud security, and the hot topic of cloud management
- Highlights the value of cloud brokerage capabilities, and explains the importance of cloud orchestration in multi-cloud environments
- Describes the details of cloud migration, the crucial role of monitoring in optimizing the cloud, and the basics of disaster recovery using cloud infrastructure
Dr. Chellammal Surianarayanan is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Bharathidasan University College, Tiruchirappalli, India.
Dr. Pethuru Raj is Chief Architect of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Division at Reliance Jio Infocomm. Ltd. (RJIL), Bangalore, India. His other publications include the Springer titles Software-Defined Cloud Centers, Automated Workflow Scheduling in Self-Adaptive Clouds, and High-Performance Big-Data Analytics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13134-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-13133-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-13134-0
- Series Print ISSN 1868-0941
- Series Online ISSN 1868-095X
- Buy this book on publisher's site