About this book
The book presents selected methods for accelerating image retrieval and classification in large collections of images using what are referred to as ‘hand-crafted features.’ It introduces readers to novel rapid image description methods based on local and global features, as well as several techniques for comparing images.
Developing content-based image comparison, retrieval and classification methods that simulate human visual perception is an arduous and complex process. The book’s main focus is on the application of these methods in a relational database context. The methods presented are suitable for both general-type and medical images. Offering a valuable textbook for upper-level undergraduate or graduate-level courses on computer science or engineering, as well as a guide for computer vision researchers, the book focuses on techniques that work under real-world large-dataset conditions.
Computational Intelligence Computer Vision Feature Detection Image Indexing Techniques Image Description Relational Databases
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-12195-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-12194-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-12195-2
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site