About this book
This book discusses interventional treatment options on intractable (drug resistant) headache patients and extended headache attacks and extensively reviews the reasons behind treatment failure in intractable headaches, offering potential solutions based on clinical black holes of headache outpatient practice. The most appropriate interventions for certain types of headache such as chronic migraine and medication-overuse headaches, are discussed among others.
The book provides practical advice on properly administering the interventional treatments either as a bridge treatments or prophylaxis options. The expected complications of the treatments, and strategies to minimize them are also discussed. Approaches in special patient populations such as pediatric or pregnancy cases and other non-standard cases are also extensively discussed.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-10853-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-10852-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-10853-3
- Series Print ISSN 2197-652X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6538
- Buy this book on publisher's site