Table of contents
About this book
Assessing the extent to which armed conflict impacts the obligations that states have towards foreign investors and their investments under international investment treaties requires considering a wide range of issues, many of which are systemic in nature. These include substantive and procedural topics, not only with regard to international investment law, but also concerning the law on the use of force, international humanitarian law and human rights law, the law of treaties, the law of state responsibility and the law of state succession.
This volume provides an in-depth assessment of the overlap between international investment law and the law of armed conflict by charting the terrain of the multifaceted and complex relationship between these two fields of public international law, fostering debate and offering novel perspectives on the matter.
International investment law Law of armed conflicts Humanitarian law Termination and suspension of treaties in times of war Occupied territory Disputed territory BIT Investment treaty Investor's rights International arbitration Transitional justice Military occupation War Peace agreement Kosovo Iran Lybia Crimea Ukraine
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-10746-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-10745-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-10746-8
- Series Print ISSN 2364-8392
- Series Online ISSN 2364-8406
- Buy this book on publisher's site